02 May, 2007

Shakti's Macarena

by Himanshu Verma



Why do I feel I have a special bond with Shakti Bhatt? I could be vain enough to think I was closer to her than many friends of ours, all of whom were part of a certain sub-scene of Delhi society. But I did know her before most everyone else by virtue of being her classmate at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya. The nerdy Himanshu of those days was taught the then very popular Macarena by Shakti at his first ever grown up party! She was a livewire even then and all of us thought she was the sparkiest one around.

There are so many memories, so many things she said to me, so many things we said we would do and didn't end up doing - books, photo-shoots, and more.

The last time I met her was at Baci. I sat on her lap very precariously, making sure I did not put too much weight on her and rustle her gorgeous self. She said it was fine, that I could relax, she could take the weight.

This is my last memory of her.

We love you Shakti!

No comments: